Also note the First Aid Kit contents. The IB First Aid kit is intended to supplement your own First Aid supplies.
General First Aid tips (NOTE: Not a comprehensive summary of all appropriate First Aid techniques)
- Stop and rest if you need to.
- Call for help if you are unsure about the wellbeing of another competitor or yourself.
- What may be trivial when help is close at hand, can very quickly become serious (if not life threatening).
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF YOUR TEAM MATES RESTS WITH YOU. TAKE EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY AND ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION
- 30 compressions per minute
- 2 breaths
- Once you begin CPR you MUST NOT STOP unless:
- Casualty shows signs of life
- More qualified help arrives
- You are physically unable to continue